Pages

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Love me toooooo...

“Love, love me too.
You know I love u
I’ll always be true
So, please, love me too”

-Beatles

Nah! I’m not a die-hard Beatles fan, nor can I claim to be an admirer of their kind of music. Infact, the first time I heard them wasn’t more than a fortnight ago, and I still can’t name all four of them. IF they were four!

I would, again, be wrong if I claimed that I fell in love with their songs the moment I heard them. As a matter of fact, their “please, love me too” had me retorting, “How desperate is that?”

Before you jump to conclusions, let me tell you that this is not about the Beatles; this isn’t about their music or about my opinion of them. It’s all about the “Please, love me too”

The thought lingers. Now I can’t really brush off the feelings these ‘oh! So honest’ words bring with them. Think of all those times these words could actually have been spoken and realize that they are perhaps the most difficult ones to say AND the most natural ones to think about.

‘Westlife’ aren’t one bit off-mark when they croon

“I’m too shy to ask
I’m too proud to loose
But sooner or later, I’ve got to choose
And once again, I’m thinking about
Taking the easy way out…”


The number of times your heart screams out, only, your tongue refuses to surrender and words remain unuttered. It’s funny how less often we tell people around us the love we feel for them, fearing a lack of response. It’s perhaps the fear of indifference or maybe just the narrow range of relationships we perceive the term “I love you” as being applicable to.

Then there are instances when this feeling of un-proclaimed love becomes so integral a part of the relationship; you hate to bring it out in the open. There’s this phone call. The voice at the other end says, “Love you!” and the spell is broken, the magic lost! That’s another chapter, of the same story though.

While my mind has been churning out these thoughts, the play list has moved forward and I can catch Paul (or is it George? Dunno which one of them) singing-

“I don’t care too much for money,
Money can’t buy me love…”


Yet again, I can’t but smile at the brutal honesty of their words.

I can visualize a certain female shaking her head and thinking, “Suvarna has gone crazy, she’s writing about LOVE??” and another male nodding in agreement, glad that I’ve come around to his school of thought. Period!

The Beatles continue-

“ All these lonely people,
Where do they come from?”


I think of a connection with the “Please, love me too” thing, or rather the lack of it. What say?

P.S: If you are curious about a certain “someone” in my life after reading this, don’t bother! You are missing the whole point of it.

But anyways,
“Please, love me too”

; )

Credits: The above article has been the brain child of one of my dear friend Suvarna. Would request you to please direct your generous thoughts to this lovely friend of mine :)

No comments: